The IFD440 is a compact, yet powerful FMS/GPS NAV/COM for general aviation and helicopters. As a direct slide-in upgrade, the IFD440 can be installed using the same tray and connectors as the GNS430. Easy-to-use touchscreen interface with knobs and buttons including WiFi/Bluetooth® capabilities.
The popular IFD440 FMS/GPS/NAV/COM is a powerful, full featured navigator in a neatly designed package.
Avidyne’s IFD440 provides a plug-n-play touchscreen FMS/GPS/NAV/COM upgrade for GNS-equipped aircraft. Easy to use, easy to install, the IFD440 features all the power and capabilities of a next-generation panel mounted navigator.
Hybrid Touch: Touchscreen with knobs and buttons.
Avidyne’s exclusive Hybrid Touch interface, touchscreen with knobs and buttons, allows you access to any page in the system within two clicks, turns or a simple push of a button. When touchscreen can become cumbersome in turbulent weather, knobs and buttons allow you to manage your mission quickly and easily.
Synthetic Vision: Improved situational awareness.
All IFDs, including the IFD440, are equipped with Avidyne’s enhanced Synthetic Vision (SVS) for improved situational awareness. Synthetic vision is fully integrated and requires no additional boxes or wires.
- 3D Terrain – Terrain Awareness (SVS-TA) is provided via terrain coloration, providing visual Caution-Warning Alerting System (CAS) alerts and aural alerts terrain hazard awareness and alerting.
- FLTA – Forward Looking Terrain Alerting (FLTA) alerting provides an extra measure of safety by displaying a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path in the event that a collision with terrain is projected. FLTA also provides visual CAS messaging & aural alerting. (Optional on the IFD440)
- 3D Obstacles – Standard high, low and grouping symbology is used to clearly depict obstacles on the SVS display. 3D Traffic uses standard traffic symbology with traffic depictions indicating relative threat level by their size and relative altitude and bearing. As traffic draws nearer to you, the traffic symbols grow in size on the IFD.
- Airport Flags – Airfields are depicted with a METAR-style flag when in field of view. With valid METAR data from your datalink, airfield flags will be color-coded to represent the ceiling and visibility, consistent with the moving map presentation.
- WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity – All IFDs are equipped with WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. When enabled, the IFD440 easily connects to your iPad and the MK10 wireless keyboard providing pilots a convenient way to remotely operate the IFD system.
IFD100 iPad Application
Want big glass in your cockpit? Avidyne’s exclusive IFD100 application turns your iPad into another instance of your IFD! Flight planning has never been simpler. Not only does the IFD100 mirror the functions the IFD440 but acts as additional instance. Load, change and manage your flight plan right from your iPad. Monitor your map for weather and traffic, and view pages independently. The IFD100 display will give you big glass capabilities at a fraction of the cost.